Saturday 4 June 2011

How can I change the shutter speed on my Olympus C-740 Ultra Zoom?

I am having heaps of trouble with the delay on my camera. By the time the photo is taken the subject (my one year old) has moved making every photo bad. It has been mentioned I can change the speed but have no idea how to. I no longer have the instruction manual





TIA|||Changing the shutter speed will not help you all that much. What you are experiencing is the dreaded shutter lag...and with older cameras such as yours, this was a real problem.


Newer cameras today, are much more responsive, due to their faster processors.


The best solution for shutter lag...is to half press the shutter button first (to lock in the focus) and then recompose your shot or wait for the right moment...and then press it down all the way. It%26#039;s the auto focus system that is causing the delay.





Anyway, to change the shutter speed on your camera, you have to move the mode dial to A/S/M...


use A to select your aperture %26amp; the camera will select the correct shutter speed


use S to select your shutter speed %26amp; the camera will select the correct aperture


use M to select your own aperture AND shutter speed.





I have sent you some links that will help you....