Saturday 4 June 2011

How do I change the shutter speed on a Nikon D40?

I%26#039;ve done my absolute best to make sense of the manual, but I just can%26#039;t comprehend it%26#039;s technical terms. I have figured out that in S mode you use the little dial thing to change the aperture which changes the shutter speed. However I was hoping there was a way I could increase the shutter speed even in low light without the picture being completely black.|||Hi Julie,





Adjusting the settings is always a compromise. Changing one setting will affect another. To get a fast shutter speed in darkness, you will need a low (wide) aperture and a higher ISO. Having the camera in Shutter Priority mode (%26quot;S%26quot;) and turning the dial should give you control over the exact shutter speed. The other settings (Aperture, Exposure) should adjust as much as they can. Remember to turn the ISO level up.





I hope this helps.





John





http://www.flickr.com/johnhanam