Saturday 24 September 2011

Canon EOS Rebel K2, shutter speed?

I am in photo I at my high school, and I have an assignment showing motion using the shutter speed. My teacher never explained how to change the shutter speed in class, so if you could explain it for my camera, that'd be great. Thanks.
Canon EOS Rebel K2, shutter speed?
I have never used a K2, nor seen one, but I know what you are trying to achieve. On my Canon bodies, TV mode is the mode used to change shutter speed (known as 'Shutter Priority'). Select this on the mode dial and then adjust the length of the shutter on the camera using the appropriate dial.



Remember that adjusting the shutter speed in TV will also adjust your aperture.



Remember for long shutter speeds you will need a tripod.



P.S. Its is good to see a photography student using 35mm to learn about photography, if I taught it I would make all my students use film first, then digital.. You sound like you have a wise teacher.



.