Wednesday 21 September 2011

Make my Canon Rebel shutter speed way slower?

I'm making some light graffiti pictures but I want to change the shutter speed to be AT LEAST 10 seconds or slower. How [if I can] do I make it that slow?
Make my Canon Rebel shutter speed way slower?
I've never used the Rebel, so I'm not sure it has Fully Manual mode- but if it does, you want to look for a BULB or B setting. This should allow you to leave your shutter open for as long as you need- you would click the release once to open the shutter, and once to close it. Keep in mind that you need to be locked down on a tripod, and go easy on the button because you can shake the camera (see if you can find an electronic cable release for your camera).



If it doesn't have a bulb setting, try disabling the flash, go to night mode, and choose the mode for bracketing exposures. You will have to do your graffiti three times, but you might get lucky with one of the brackets:)



Hope this works- have fun!