Wednesday 21 September 2011

How to change the shutter speed of a Sony DSC-H10 cyber-shot?

I've looked online and all that, and I've tried what they say in the manual {Go to Manual on the wheel, then press the center button, and play around with the up+down arrows} and it doesn't work. I don't think that I've changed the %26quot;advanced%26quot; settings, but... stuff. Please help me out.



[Edit]

the shutter speed i a tad slower when I use flash. Not too much slower, though.
How to change the shutter speed of a Sony DSC-H10 cyber-shot?
You can't. That's a point-and-shoot camera. No direct controls for the shutter speed. You can try increasing ISO to force the camera to use faster speeds but you lose on picture quality. The only real way to ensure fast shutter speeds is to give the camera lots of good light to work on.
How to change the shutter speed of a Sony DSC-H10 cyber-shot?
You are doing this correctly. The Aperture and shutter speed should be shown at the bottom of the display, if not try pressing the %26quot;DISP%26quot; button until it is. You'll need to keep an eye on the light reading though. If it really won't change you can go into the menus and reset everything to their defaults and then try. There are occasions when changing what appears to be an unrelated setting will prevent another setting from kicking in (not just a Sony issue, my Canon does this too).