Saturday 24 September 2011

How do I adjust both aperture and shutter speed on Canon's 1000D Manual mode?

Im starting to use manual mode on my canon 1000D and i'm wondering how to change both aperture and shutter speed when you change to the setting.

When I change the setting to Manual mode, it gives me the option of adjusting the shutter speed, but how do I move across to change the aperture whilst still in manual mode ?



Thank You.
How do I adjust both aperture and shutter speed on Canon's 1000D Manual mode?
Hold down the %26lt;Av+/-%26gt; button while spinning the dial.



Its located on the back of the camera at the lower right corner of the viewfinder eyepiece
How do I adjust both aperture and shutter speed on Canon's 1000D Manual mode?
The above is correct. I own a 1000D and adjust it all the time.



What's also very handy is setting manual in a certain way that works best in certain situation. For example I'm finding that my camera likes to jump to 1/60 second when I'm using flash. So I've set my manual at 1/200 and f/5.5. When I'm going to do flash work I just turn the dial and the settings are right were I left them... so flash becomes very easy.



I use the %26quot;P%26quot; mode all the time because it allows me to set my focal points to center only. I've found that 7 points don't really work for me because so much of the time my center of interest isn't the closest thing to the camera... so I've set it up that way. On the P mode all the general functions, focus, aperture, shutter speed are still automatic but the single focal point really works very well as does manual with flash.



The more you do with this camera the more you'll like it.



Have you got a Flickr page - I'd like to look at your stuff. Here's some of mine. Jim

Read my notes please because not all of these were shot with my Canon.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/jimsphotost鈥?/a>